Friday, April 1, 2016

Portfolio





Welcome to the portfolio page where I will be retelling the timeless stories of the Mahabharata and the Ramayana. 
This is a fun project that I have enjoyed and I hope you will enjoy my attempt at retelling the stories! 


(Source: worthless-lies)


If you like stories full of puns and fun, this is the story for you! The moral of the story: "The wicked often fail to appreciate kindness in others, and compel them to work their ruin."


Lord Ganesha image found on Google images www.astrogems.com
Please enjoy the story I have written about star-crossed lovers who are aided by Lord Ganesha. I had a really great time writing this story in the setting of a city I used to live and work in.
Summer Love


The Mongoose
 image found www.quickanddirtytips.com
Here is a sassy little story that I had  fun writing. I wrote it with a vision of a cartoon in mind. It's all about integrity.

I am not buying what you are selling,chump!



Rama and Sita

Here are some stories that I want to share about Rama and Sita in couples counseling. I have changed the story quite a bit from the original. In the original stories, as beautiful as they are, I had to ask myself how would a modern version of this story play out? Maybe I watch too much television, but I sorta thought it would look like a sitcom. 

The story begins with:


Dr, Laura's office image found on Pinterest

The drama continues to unfold here:
Sita and Rama Unraveled

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ladawn!

    Something that caught my eye from your portfolio introduction was the picture of Rama and Sita. I have not seen any pictures of this couple that look realistic. Every picture I have seen has been a drawing or animation but I like the picture you have chosen. Is this what you pictured Rama and Sita to look like? Also, great job of your introduction post! It gives everyone that visits your blog an accurate description or you goals and accomplishments within your portfolio. I liked your I am not buying what you are selling, chump! story. I like the way you presented integrity in a cartoon like way. The only suggestion I would have would be to keep the formatting consistent throughout the post. The first story is picture then description and the second story is description then picture.
    I hope you had a good spring break!
    I look forward to reading more from your blog.

    -Sara

    ReplyDelete